Official acronyms related to GMAT
- GMAT – Graduate Management Admission Test
- GMAC – Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAT test creators)
- CAT – Computer Adaptive Test (GMAT follows a computer adaptive methodology to test and score)
- AWA – Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA is one of the sections on the GMAT exam)
- IR – Integrated Reasoning (IR is one of the sections on the GMAT exam)
- GMAT Prep: Discontinued name for the free mock tests provided by GMAC on mba.com website. MBA.com still provides free and paid mock tests. These mocks are the only authentic source of GMAT type mock tests.
- OG – Official Guide for GMAT Review. An official study guide published by the GMAT Test creators. An authentic source of gmat type practice questions.
Colloquial acronyms related to GMAT
- DS – Data Sufficiency. GMAT Math section has two types of questions. DS is one of those types.
PS – Problem Solving. GMAT Math section has two types of questions. PS is one of those types.
- RC – Reading Comprehension. GMAT Verbal section has three types of questions. RC is one of those types.
- CR – Critical Reasoning. GMAT Verbal section has three types of questions. CR is one of those types.
- SC – Sentence Correction
- BF CR – Bold Face Critical Reasoning. A specific type of CR where a part of the question is “bolded”. Usually some of the toughest questions in the GMAT.
- OA – Official Answer for any question
- OE – Official Explanation for any question
- GCD – Greatest Common Divisor
- HCF – Same as GCD: Highest Common Factor
- LCM – Lowest Common Multiple